Thursday, February 10, 2011

Hockey With Bite - The Ottawa 67's

I had a great opportunity on February 6th where I got to do a photo shoot with our local junior hockey team...The Ottawa 67's.  This was a workshop offered as part of my ProProgram through Harry Nowell. (www.harrynowell.com)

Bobkov is the London Knights goaltender.  He was in net when Russia beat Canada in the World Junior Tournament last year.  It didn't help him much. The final score...4 to 0 for the Ottawa 67's.

A little action coming up the ice. 

This is one of my favorite pictures.  Close up of one of the Ottawa 67's players.
This is the Ottawa 67's goaltender.  I loved the back of his helmet.

4 comments:

lou truss said...

these are great. Good job !

2Hphotography said...

Powerful stuff. My fav is the second last. I put some comments on your facebook page, so won't duplicate them here. Your focus on the 'near' has paid off. Good choice.

Harry Nowell said...

Nice work Barb - thanks for the note.
Can't wait to see recent photos - I am catching up after being away.

H

AlanD said...

Hi Barb, nice to have met you at the hockey workshop. I like your image selections for this blog post. I put a few of my samples in this Flickr set

http://www.flickr.com/photos/aldunne/sets/72157626070929284/

and at my personal site

http://www.dunnephoto.ca/

Good luck with your future photographic endeavours.

Alan Dunne

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Ottawa, Canada
My family moved from Oakville, Ontario to Pembroke, Ontario in 1976 and from the moment I arrived in the little town of Pembroke my goal was to leave but with being 7 years old I had a number of years to wait. Attending Champlain High School and trying to decide my future, I was determined to go to Sheridan College in Oakville and take the Journalism Program there. I took a Co-op credit through High School and did my work experience at a local Pembroke weekly newspaper where they gave me a notepad, a pen, a camera and sent me out in the vast city of Pembroke. My favourite weekly task was to go to the local human society and take a picture of the Pet of Week. I actually loved my time working on the paper but the photography portion interested me more than the writing. My Journalism dreams didn’t happened but my love of photography carried with me but in the past few years I’ve started to become more and more interested in the technique of photography and in 2009 I received my first DSLR camera and have become a photography junkie. I’m hoping you enjoy following this blog and watch my love for photography grow with each posting.
Powered by Blogger.