Sunday, December 19, 2010

Upper Canada Village at Night

Looking for something to do over the Christmas Holidays?  Take the short drive to Morrisburg, Ontario and visit Upper Canada Village at Night.  http://www.uppercanadavillage.com/UCV/index_e.aspx?ArticleID=629
The park is covered with 250,000 lights which takes 6 weeks to get put up and on Saturday Nights, they have been getting 3,000 people visiting.  You can walk through the park or take a horse drawn carriage ride.  They also have a skating area. 

The church is the most amazing location in the park. 
I'm still learning alot about Night Photography and it was so much fun playing with a few different techniques.  I was great some great tips from my photography buddy Andre.  Looking forward to trying some more techniques but I hope you enjoy some of the pictures I took on my little adventure to Upper Canada Village.

Upper Canada Village 2010.  The house on the corner of Church Street.

A simple picture but I love it.

A shot overlooking the pond.

Love this picture with the snow covered lights

Candles in the small church window.

1 comments:

2Hphotography said...

I love the church but most of all, I like the 3 candles in the window. With the church, would have been nice to see the top of the spire in the photo.

Gorgeous lighting, looking forward to more.

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Ottawa, Canada
My family moved from Oakville, Ontario to Pembroke, Ontario in 1976 and from the moment I arrived in the little town of Pembroke my goal was to leave but with being 7 years old I had a number of years to wait. Attending Champlain High School and trying to decide my future, I was determined to go to Sheridan College in Oakville and take the Journalism Program there. I took a Co-op credit through High School and did my work experience at a local Pembroke weekly newspaper where they gave me a notepad, a pen, a camera and sent me out in the vast city of Pembroke. My favourite weekly task was to go to the local human society and take a picture of the Pet of Week. I actually loved my time working on the paper but the photography portion interested me more than the writing. My Journalism dreams didn’t happened but my love of photography carried with me but in the past few years I’ve started to become more and more interested in the technique of photography and in 2009 I received my first DSLR camera and have become a photography junkie. I’m hoping you enjoy following this blog and watch my love for photography grow with each posting.
Powered by Blogger.